Admixture are the chemicals added to concrete other than the general cement, sand or water. It is done in order to ensure the quality of the concrete. Adding fibres increase the strength of the material. It can be added not only to concrete, but to screed also. Fibres can be glass, synthetic or natural in nature. How is fibre helpful?
- It is used in order to detoriate probability of cracks on concrete.
- It makes the concrete less permeable (porous enough to allow substances, like water to pass through it
- It enhances pumpability over longer distances.
- Makes the concrete even more resistant to fire.
- Ductility can also be improved.
- Prevents thawing during low temperatures